If a paper is published already, the version below is NOT the published version, but usually the one preceding it. The papers are listed in an approximately reverse chronological order.
© The copyright holder for all materials here is Nikolai V. Ivanov, or, in the case of joint papers, he and his coauthors jointly. All rights are reserved. These materials can be used for non-commercial purposes falling within the scope of the US fair use doctrine.
- Linear Recurrences (An expository note)
- Non-Desarguesian planes (An expository note)
- Sperner's Lemma, the Brouwer Fixed-Point Theorem, and Cohomology
- (with Lizhen Ji) Infinite topology of curve complexes and non-Poincare duality of Teichmüller modular groups
- Fifteen problems about the mapping class groups
- (with B. Farb) The Torelli geometry and its applications
- Examples of centralizers in the Artin braid groups
- (with E. Irmak and John D. McCarthy) Automorphisms of surface braid groups
- The Lax proof of the change of variables formula, differential forms, a determinantal identity, and Jacobi multipliers
- This is a preliminary version of the paper No. 46 in the list Publications since 1992.
It contains some additional material and references compared to the published version.
On the other hand, the published version is written much better.
- Isometries of Teichmüller spaces from the point of view of Mostow rigidity
- Mapping class groups
- A topologists view of the Dunford-Schwartz proof of the Brouwer fixed point theorem
- A short proof of Gromov non-hyperbolicity of Teichmüller spaces
- (with John D. McCarthy) On injective homomorphisms between Teichmüller modular groups
- This is the original version of the paper No. 39 in the list Publications since 1992.
It differs from the published version in that it contains a treatement of the small surfaces
(which require additional arguments), and also proofs of some folklore results.
- A geometric interpretation of the complex dilatation
- A poorly written draft.
- Ten Problems on the Mapping Class Groups